Well, it seems the mysterious forces known to some as the “blogosphere” have decided to grant me a blog award. I guess that means you get two posts today.
This was given to me by Thalassa, over at http://nuannaarpoq.wordpress.com/. You should check her out. Her posts are full of fun, informative herbal things, little life tidbits, and frankly, her kids are freakin’ adorable.
So apparently, there are some rules I am to follow:
- The bloggers have to have 200 or less followers.
- There is a list of 11 questions to answer from your nominator as well as having to come up with a list of questions for your own nominees. You can either use the same questions as was asked of you or make up new ones for your nominees.
- Copy/paste the award logo into your post. You can add it to your blog sidebar or footer if you wish.
- Notify your nominees of the nomination.
- Nominees have to answer whatever questions asked of them.
- Which art form offers you the truest expression for yourself? I’m not entirely sure what this means, but I enjoy photographing, sketching, and painting, all for entirely different means. Photography captures the beauty of the world; sketching captures the beauty inside my mind; painting captures the beauty inside my fingertips (and ziploc bags, and sponges, and toothpicks, and cat paws if they’re foolish enough to come near me when I have paint…)
- In that art form, what is your most honest piece of expression? Sunrises, sunsets. Moonrises, moonsets. They make me the happiest.
- What always makes you laugh? Without fail? British comedy.
- What always makes you cry? No single thing always makes a person cry, but perhaps there are things out there which make a person cry more often than not, and they are not for the wide world to know.
- What is one thing that you can’t do that you’d love to be able to do? Swim.
- What is your favorite book? Why does it affect you so? The Kushiel Series by Jacqueline Carey, because Terre D’Ange is how our world should be ran. The Sword of Truth Series by Terry Goodkind because it’s a classic tale of the fight between good and evil, and it’s terribly well written.
- What is your favorite movie or play? Why does it affect you so? Garden State is up there, alongside Beauty and the Beast, Dirty Dancing, Ghost, and a few lesser known titles. As for plays – Shakespeare. Shakespeare because it’s a timeless classic, most of the other movies because…”I want adventure in the great wide somewhere…”
- If you were given the opportunity to spend one more day with a friend or family member who has passed away, what would you do? Again, not for the wide world to know.
- If you had won the $580 million Power Ball jackpot, what would you be doing today? Not writing in my blog, that’s for sure.
I’m pretty new to this “online community” thing. So I don’t have too many people to nominate, but there are a couple of blogs I’ve found recently that I like, and I think you people should go check them out:
- Grace @ Cultural Life
- My Friend Danie
- Andrew Parent – a fellow 365’er with some really, really cool stuff
- What movie have you watched recently, and how would you rate it?
- Zombies arrived. Uh oh. Describe the first three days of your life. How would it affect you? Are you prepared?
- What is your favourite recipe?
- While walking along one night, a star falls down from the heavens. Do you try to find it, or continue homeward bound?
- Riddle time. What has roots as nobody sees, is taller than trees, up, up it goes, and yet it never grows?
- Where is your favourite place, and why?
- What’s outside your window?
- If you had one super power, what would it be?
- What’s the first thing you grow in your garden each year?
- How did you celebrate Christmas this year?
- If you wrote the book of your life, what would you call it?